The Missionary Call



I'm reading this book for one of my classes, and I absolutely love it. I'd recommend it to anyone whether or not they're considering missions. I just want to quote a paragraph of the book that really stood out to me and spoke to me.

"God teaches us in His Word that we should be wise in our choices and how we invest our lives. However, we should rest in the sure knowledge that He is sovereign over every detail. Proverbs 16:9 teaches, 'The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.' When we need guidance the path of wisdom is to trust Him, not our own devices. Proverbs 3:5-6 states, 'Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.' The wisdom in God's Word gives great guidance and great peace in the process of seeking His will."

I've been learning what it means to really trust God, so this paragraph just really spoke to me. I love the verses he quoted here. There's not much more I want to say really other than you should read this book. Seriously. -Allison-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Friends

Friends who love me

Blog Archive