Christian Cynics

Last night I got to thinking about cynical/pessimistic Christian views of the world. I know people who have this type of view and while I agree with the ideas behind the thoughts, I've come to the conclusion that I don't really agree with the approach. There are horrible things that happen in our world everyday. It is terrible, but maybe I'm just the optimistic type who likes to try to see the beautiful and good things as well. I'm not saying at all to ignore the ugly. But I think both things should point us to God. For example we had a gorgeous day here in Louisville a couple weeks ago on the same day that I heard about hundreds of Christians being killed in an African village. I think it's possible to enjoy the beautiful day and see how that points to God's glory, while also mourning the loss of so many Christians and seeing how that shows how we are totally deprived, awful people who need God. It's hard to explain my thoughts fully here. I was talking to my mom about this just now and she encouraged me. She told me I had a beautiful heart and that I've always tried to see the good in things. I'm glad she understood what I was trying to say. Sorry if this doesn't make total sense. I gave my mom a very specific example that I don't want to share on here, but if you want to talk to me more about it let me know. :) -Allison-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Friends

Friends who love me

Blog Archive